We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values
and delivering on our Customers First commitments
Do you share our passion? Our Team Members
Our customer-facing team members are TELUS' most valuable resource. You create a great experience for customers in a fun and inviting atmosphere that you are proud to be part of.
We believe that you'll find our fun and high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding. What makes you great?
• You advocate for our customers' needs and create a personalized experience
• You genuinely display empathy in every customer interaction
• You are an exceptional communicator - you listen, you're honest and clear
• You can get things done by leveraging the TELUS teams unique talents
• You proactively adapt to meet the changing needs of our customers The perks
• Competitive pay, plus store performance bonuses and incentives
• Discounts on the coolest and newest wireless technology
• Health benefits and wellness at work, like massage therapy and fitness memberships
• TELUS pension and share purchase plan
• Learning and development opportunities to take your career to the next level
• A respectful workplace that is involved in the community
• Recognition programs and career excellence rewards We're evolving our retail experience
In Fall 2016, we are launching a new store format featuring new accessory categories and merchandising solutions allowing us to provide a more personalized experiences focused on solution selling and connected-life solutions. These stores will have new products and services from emerging categories like Connected Home, Toys & Hobbies, Health & Fitness, Smartwatches, Music, Photography Audio and Fashion. The unique store design and interactive merchandising will allow customers to look, feel and play - so our products truly come to life. Position Overview
The Solution Consultant understands and can deliver world-class customer service by being highly skilled at uncovering customers' needs, then following through with enlightening solutions. They are the first person customers meet when they enter the store. They guide them-advising, selling, and setting up their new products.
Our Solution Consultants are accountable for:
• Building customer relationships by uncovering their stories, getting to know their needs and recommending product selections they feel good about.
• Demonstrating knowledge of the products and services we sell in all channels (in-store, online and mobile) and commit to ongoing learning to continuously improve their skills by completing all training and attending all meetings. Team members may act as a mentor for others to support their development. Qualifications: Required Skills & Abilities:
• Proactively connecting with Customers in-person, by phone or by email to provide an outstanding customer experience that will result in long-term relationships and manage customer interactions from end to end.
• Achieving sales targets through the effective use of solution selling and customer experience programs.
• Contributing to a positive in-store experience by completing non-selling tasks including housekeeping, inventory, replenishment and merchandising tasks and opening and closing procedures.
• Contributing to strong operational excellence by applying all policies and procedures to ensure compliance, safety, financial accuracy and reliability.
• Proven track record in delivering positive customer experiences and achieving sales targets with strong overall customer service orientation
• Passion for the latest wireless technology, lifestyle solutions and achieving great results Required Education & Experience:
• Ability to multi-task and service multiple customers
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Friendly , helpful and outgoing style with strong social skills
• Successful completion of Grade 12
• Minimum 2 years' experience in customer-facing role in retail , hospitality or similar field
• Participation in extra-curricular sports, clubs or volunteer activities Other Requirements:
• Required availability for evenings and weekends to meet customer requirements
• Ability to access and participate in online training from home
• Ability to travel for training and to support other locations up to 35 kms Commitment to our Values:
TELUS recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
• We embrace change and initiate opportunity
• We have a passion for growth
• We believe in spirited teamwork
• We have the courage to innovate
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.