Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification Who You Are...
As Hootsuite’s Collections Analyst you are confident and have the required skill set and experience to efficiently settle accounts with customers all over the world on amounts owed from 1 to 180+ days for a software as service product. You have the ability to draft and implement customer centric collection strategies and clearly communicate them in written or verbal form.
You are passionate about working in a team environment that involves interacting with customers, sales representatives, customer success managers, order management, billing, finance and legal teams. You like the challenge of developing strategies in a constantly changing environment making use of the correct resources with the goal of reaching established targets and results. You have experience with and know how to approach tough conversations while maintaining a strong focus on strategic outcomes.
You have a strong understanding of collection strategies, measurements, communication methods, account reconciliation, contract principles, order-to-cash processes, credit terms, tax principles and payment methods. On the customer side you have knowledge of the role of procurement teams, accounts payable and finance departments in regards to payment approval and processing, use of purchase orders and customer registration forms. You Have...
You’re Great At...
- Ablility to develop strong working relationships and interact in a professional manner with all levels across the organization
- A thorough understanding of billing, collections and receivable procedures
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- An understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Created detailed line item account reconciliations
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Collecting payment and maintaining agreed targets (DSO, Bad Debt, Aging)
- Developing strategies and providing recommendations on actions for escalated cases related to service disputes, auto renewal disputes, companies with cash flow issues, bankruptcy, non responsive customers.
- Dealing with 3 rd party collection agencies
- Maintaining systems updates to reflect account status
- Reviewing amounts recommended to be written off as uncollectible and interact with senior management to obtain approval of such write-offs
- Resolving collection disputes utilizing appropriate leverage and procedures to successfully influence payment
- Guaranteeing all accounts are reconciled and any balances with issues are correctly identified and include a plan for resolution
- Working with the sales and customer success teams to jointly support the customer in any issue that could put timely payment from the customer at risk
- Efficiently communicating with Hootsuite’s billing department to quickly resolve any invoicing issue that impacts the customer’s ability to make timely payment
- Escalating cases to the management team with all supporting information and guarantee all necessary actions within control have been taken
- French / Italian / Spanish speaker
- Completion of or enrollment in a credit certification program
- Experience with multicurrency in a global operation
- Experience with credit analysis, with ensuring that teams outside of finance adhere to credit policy, negotiate with sales and/or customer success on non-standard credit requests; balance customer risk with sales requirements, goals and forecasts, provide prompt and sound financial analysis and adjudication.