Working on our I&T team is a unique opportunity to do work that matters. We provide a highly collaborative environment where co-op students can learn, contribute and develop their skills working on challenging projects that help make a difference to the workers and employers of B.C.
We are seeking two students to join our team starting in September 2022. These are eight-month positions and will be a hybrid of remote and on-site work. What you'll do As an IT Security Administrator co-op student, you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Implement and monitor information security measures for the safeguarding of computer facilities and corporate data
- Provide technical support for security tools and procedures
- Assist in the analysis of security risks and exposures
- Assist in the creation of policies and procedures
- Assist in the evaluation of new tools, technologies and procedures related to information security
Your experience and educational background:
- Implement, direct and enforce logical and physical security
- Monitor the existing information systems environment for possible security exposures; ensuring identified exposures are kept as confidential as possible; act upon problem, evaluating risk and identifying potential impact and determining an appropriate course of action
- Provide consultation to IT staff and guardians of information assets to assist them in applying appropriate security measures
- Participate in research and evaluations of logical and physical security products and procedures
- Participate in awareness programs to heighten security consciousness among users; makes information presentations regarding security issues as required
- Contribute to a positive work environment by collaborating and working effectively as a member of the team
- Think critically while also having fun working through complex problems
- Currently a 3rd or 4th year student enrolled in a computer science or computer science related program
- Previous co-op or relevant work experience in an office environment is preferred
- Student must reside within BC to be eligible for this position due to BC privacy laws
- A cover letter, resume and transcript are required
- Submit all documents in one file (system accepts Word or PDF files)
- The posting will close at 4:30pm on the closing date of the competition
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 255,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
WorkSafeBC has adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer .
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
To learn more about our co-op opportunities, meet Dilpreet and learn how her experience here helped her build her skillsets and expand her knowledge.