We're looking for a Co-op Student, Insights & Research
to work in the Experience, Marketing and Insights department to support the Insights and Research Manager and a team of seven.
If you are interested in applying your talents and knowledge and gaining valuable experience to support worker health and safety, we want to hear from you. This is an eight-month temporary opportunity starting May 2023. How you'll make a difference:
You'll apply what you've learned in your post-secondary program to benefit workers and employers across B.C. Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and are currently required to be on-site in our Richmond office once per month, and this could be subject to change. What you'll do
Is this a good fit for you?
- Provide support for our Voice of the Customer (VOC) Program which includes administration, VOC survey tool, project management, data analysis and report preparation alongside other research related tasks
- Using our in-house survey tool, program, script-check, and deploy surveys, and analyze survey results
- Be responsible for coding (theming) verbatim responses from survey data
- Conduct secondary research in support of the Insights and Research
- Maintain our project management tool Azdo
- Maintain and update our research repository, including writing abstracts for new studies as they are completed, which is housed in SharePoint
- Maintain our completed projects database of information housed in Excel
- Take notes during focus groups and interviews, and analyze qualitative research findings
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint reports and presentations, including charting of data and developing visual representations of qualitative insights
- Provide support for projects which may involve proof reading, quality control or data checks on data, assistance with telephone recruitment, interviewing internal staff, tracking project completions, organizing project folders
We're looking for someone who can:
Your background and experience:
- Build on their interest in market research and/or data analysis
- Use strong analytical and research skills in order to review data and draw rational conclusions
- Be comfortable learning multiple software packages with a high level of proficiency
- Demonstrate a high level of quality and accuracy
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, effective organization skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and an ability to work with limited supervision
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program such as in Marketing or Social Science programs (e.g., Psychology, Anthropology and Sociology).
- Previous co-op or relevant work experience in an office environment is required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite (e.g., Excel; including pivot tables, PowerPoint, and Word) is required.
- Experience with data analysis and pivot tables is preferred.
- Knowledge of research methods including survey design and analysis.
- Experience with survey platform and/or online qualitative research programming and analysis is preferred.
Hear from past co-op students on what it's like to work here. Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
- Confirm you're a registered student at a post-secondary institution and participating in a work integrated learning program with your studies
- Consent to a criminal record check and successfully meet the criminal record check clearance
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Learn more:
Discover who we are . Want to apply?
- A cover letter, resume and transcript are required.
- In your cover letter, state why you would like this role and how you are a good fit. We will not consider your application if you do not supply a cover letter.
- Submit all documents in one file (either Word or PDF files).
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Sales and Marketing