The Accounting Services department of WorkSafeBC is looking for one highly motivated Co-op student, Accounting Services
to join our team to help us strive towards our vision.
The student will assist with the accounting and administrative functions in our department. This is an eight-month temporary opportunity starting in September 2023. How you'll make a difference:
You'll apply what you've learned in your post-secondary program to benefit workers and employers across B.C. Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily on-site in our Richmond office and occasionally from your B.C. home. What you'll do
Is this a good fit for you?
- Perform accounts payable or receivable duties
- Participate in ongoing projects relating to the needs of the team and operational activities
- Gather data to perform analysis as required
- Conduct reconciliations and verification of data and information from our internal and external clients
- Document procedures for any ad-hoc analysis and review and update training manual as needed
- Support professional and administrative ad-hoc tasks related to the needs of the team such as event planning or meeting preparation
- Perform administrative duties
We're looking for someone who can:
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills when interacting with all levels of management
- Demonstrate strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills
- Demonstrate self-motivation and an ability to work with limited supervision
Hear from past co-op students on what it's like to work here. Your experience and educational background:
Important to know
- Third or Fourth year student enrolled in a business program or have taken some accounting courses.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite (Excel, Word).
- Previous co-op or relevant work experience in an office environment is preferred.
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
- Confirm you're a registered student at a post-secondary institution
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Learn more:
Discover who we are . Want to apply?
- A cover letter, resume and transcript are required. Your cover letter should state your availability (either four or eight months).
- Submit all documents in one file (either Word or PDF files).
- You must apply by 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.