Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite Cultural Manifesto
Guru Career Track
B Corporation Certification About our team
You'll work on a tight-knit team of passionate operations developers to build and maintain the systems infrastructure, servers and networks that power our mission-critical social media applications. You'll learn from a mentor, be a part of an amazing team, and play an active role in shaping our product and our culture.
The Software Development team needs to deploy our application continuously, and the Ops Eng team is the anchor behind this continuous delivery. We want teammates who challenge us, ask hard questions, and drive continuous improvement.
"Working for the Ops Team I get to work on methods to maintain Hootsuite’s infrastructure. It’s the biggest responsibility I have had over the years working for various tech companies. It has taught me how to think bigger and foresee problems. Hootsuite is perfect for someone who wants to have an impact on something substantial in today’s software industry and wants to learn how to tackle challenging problems and work with some of the most talented people in the tech community today."
- Anubhav Mishra, Operations Software Developer ( http://ow.ly/L05ig) Read about our co-ops’ experiences: code.hootsuite.com/category/co-op/
The Operations team is responsible for system administration and service management. Your code may not end up on the homepage, but your team loves you because the stuff you build makes everything "just work". Who You Are... You will build and ship the next generation of infrastructure for our large-scale, critical social media services. You'll work on the Operations team building monitoring systems to diagnose low-level performance issues. Work with our Software Development teams to manage and optimize our configuration management and inventory service, as well as our build and deployment pipeline. You will participate in software development process by optimizing low-level code, developing capacity testing systems and designing/maintaining development environments. You’re Great at..
- Understanding of managing virtualized environments - AWS, vSphere, CloudStack
- Familiar with Linux administration; bash and/or python scripting
- Familiar with typical application stack software - nginx, apache
- Familiar with relational or non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Moving fast, shipping things, making our customers happy, and getting things done
- An interest in distributed systems, containers, security and big data
- An understanding of improving infrastructure availability and efficiency
- Desire to make an impact on a global user base
- A creative thinker, capable of troubleshooting any problem quickly