Job DescriptionWe' re looking for you.
Each year, we invite the best and brightest students from universities and colleges across Canada to our Richmond, Brampton, and Montreal offices to work on a diverse range of projects. In our highly competitive program, students work as a full member of the project team and are held accountable for their results.
A Co-op/work term placement with MDA not only allows you to apply what you have learned in the classroom, it provides real-world practical experience for your resume, and networking opportunities for that all-important job search after graduation.
We post our Co-op/work term openings with Co-op offices and placement coordinators coast to coast, three times each year:
- September/October &ndash for Spring work terms (January &ndash April)
- January/February &ndash for Summer work terms (May &ndash August)
- May/June &ndash for Fall work terms (September &ndash December)
There are a number of different programs, including some non-technical placements, so be sure to check out our postings at your Co-op office.Co-op Business AnalystStart date:
January 2018 Work term length:
4 months with possibility of extension
You will join a senior, high-functioning team of experienced business development professionals tasked with business strategy, leadership of research and development, and pursuit and capture of complex major contracts in the Canadian market and select international markets.
As an integrated member of the team, you will perform a range of functions in support of the activities above. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in all segments of the business development life-cycle from opportunity identification through contract signature. This represents a great opportunity for a candidate who has career aspirations to be a leader in business.
You will perform many different functions including but not limited to: market research and analysis competitive analysis pursuit and proposal planning support proposal writing and editing and financial and economic analysis.
The successful candidate must be eligible to successfully apply for a Canadian SECRET security clearance.
While skills and capabilities are important criteria, the following KEY CHARACTERISTICS are more important criteria in the selection of the successful candidate for this position:
- Initiative and Drive &ndash ability to take on assignments defined by goals and outcomes and figure out how to achieve those goals and outcomes.
- Team Work &ndash ability to work as an integrated member of the team with a strong focus on the team success above individual success.
- Creativity and Imagination &ndash ability to look at assignments from a creative, out-of-the-box perspective to help MDA to win new business.
- Delivery &ndash in the fast-paced, highly variable world of business development, we count on our team members to deliver on their commitments both in terms of outcomes and on schedule.
- Multi-Tasking &ndash ability to juggle multiple assignments and tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately.
If you believe you are strong in these KEY CHARACTERISTICS, we encourage you to apply for this position. Capabilities
The ideal candidate would have all of the capabilities listed below. However, we encourage candidates who have the KEY CHARACTERISTICS above and a willingness to learn and stretch themselves to apply even if they do not have all of the capabilities and skills below. The nature of business development is that there is always a great deal of learning-on-the-job. Note that there is no specific requirement on the faculty or type of degree that a candidate is pursuing &ndash the successful candidate could come from any program.
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Writing - strong ability to write well in a clear, compelling and concise manner
- Editing &ndash strong ability to edit writing from other authors, particularly engineers, to make it clear, compelling and concise.
- Research &ndash ability to independently source information from a range of different sources including on-line, written and human interaction (verbal).
- Analysis &ndash ability to synthesize and draw inferences and conclusions from diverse information
- Communication &ndash ability to communicate in different forms (written, presentation, verbal) the results of research and analysis to other team members and to broader MDA staff.
- Organization &ndash ability to plan and organize activities in a logical manner.
- MS Office &ndash ability to use or invest time to learn to use MS Office products including primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Posted: November 16, 2017
Closes:December 3, 2017