CNC Machinist / Programmer (Full Time Position)
CIMtech Mfg. Inc. is one of British Columbia’s s leading CNC Machining facility, manufacturing wide variety of metal components for customers across NA. Our clean, modern, highly automated facility is located in Surrey/ Cloverdale Area. CIMtech, capabilities include manufacturing engineering, CNC machining, tooling and complete quality control systems. Process capabilities include multi-axis CNC machining, Production, welding, finishing and assembly services. We specialize in short run, tight tolerance CNC Machining.
CIMtech Mfg. is seeking experienced and motivated individuals to join our team. We offer a positive working environment with above average competitive salary, based on experience, along with health benefits.
Core skills / Qualifications:
- Independently program and set up Multi-axis VMC’s.
- 2+ Years minimum experience in related field.
- Ability to work with tight tolerances.
- Ability to measure parts using suitable measuring instruments to a high degree of accuracy.
- Team player, good ability to get along well with co-workers.
- Excellent time management skills.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Run CNC vertical mills & CNC Lathe machines
- Select tooling and set up methods to produce parts.
- Assist in part cost estimation.
- Analyzes SolidWorks models, drawings, sketches, and design data of parts to determine efficient machining strategy plan.
- Revises program and technical drawings to eliminate errors and interpret technical drawings (CAD)
- Inspect and verify conformance to work order specifications
- Assist with other manufacturing responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of experience operating & programming CNC machines.
- Master cam CNC programming experience will be an asset
- Computer literacy, basic Windows navigation required
- Experience in setting up fixtures, tooling & vises
- Operate machines running complex and high tolerance components
- Passionate about prototyping and machining
- Meticulous attention to detail and well organized
- Able to work in a fast-paced constantly changing environment.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
High School Diploma, Machinist Ticket or College Technician
- Ability to prioritize tasks and able to work well unsupervised.
- Shifts: Candidates must be willing to work shifts as needed including days, afternoons and nights.
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Salary range - $30 to $35/hr
(Competitive Wage commensurate with experience.)
How to Apply:
By Mail / Drop off
Unit 8,17942, 55 Ave
Surrey, BC V3S 6C8
(Candidates must have valid work VISA, PR holder or Canadian Citizenship)
Manufacturing and Production