Inspire the World, Create the Future
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Why We Want You
Our team is growing and we are looking for highly motivated DevOps Engineers who love the craft of designing, building, and automating. You will join and collaborate with a talented team of the best and brightest Developers, QA’s, and infrastructure teams to work on leading edge, global projects including the global cloud infrastructure for Samsung Knox and SmartThings IoT Cloud.
You are a self-starter who is passionate about technology, loves staying on top of current innovations, and you live and breathe “infrastructure as code.” Your attention to detail sets you apart from other candidates and you go the extra mile for the small things. Most importantly, your attitude sets you apart and you elevate the team with your presence.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary Agile Scrum/Kanban team. Collaborate with Developers, Big Data Engineers, DBAs, QA, TechOps, as well as other global Samsung teams
- Implement deployment scripts and monitoring tools based on AWS cloud services
- Drive and champion Automation, CI, CD, security best practices
- Help with monitoring and diagnosing issues in staging and production systems
- Research industry trends and technologies, and promote adoption of best-in-class tools and technologies.
- Take initiative to advance the quality, performance, or scalability of applications, by influencing the architecture or design of our products
- Deploying large scale systems, caches and databases to production environments
- Measure and report on cluster and node health using logs and instrumentation
- Share your findings with the team via wiki entries, documentation and lunch-and-learns
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience of software development
- 3+ years’ experience of server operations
- Expertise in Unix-based systems - Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat
- Strong knowledge of working with and managing Amazon Web Services - S3, EC2, ELB
- Hands-on understanding of scalability and high availability
- Hands-on experiences in automated build environments (Jenkins, Spinnaker, GitLab CI)
- Hands-on with containerization technologies (Docker, etc.) and orchestration tools (AWS ECS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- System monitoring tools (Graphite, Dynatrace, Nagios, DataDog, CloudWatch), and logging platforms (ELK, Kibana, LogStash, or similar)
- Experience with Ansible and/or Terraform
- Knowledge of AWS Kinesis, AWS Lambda, streaming technologies, log streaming
- Knowledge of managing Big Data technologies - Elasticsearch, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hadoop, EMR
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, PHP
- Knowledge of SQL (MySQL preferred)
- Previous server side development in one of Java, C#, C++, Scala, etc.
- Scrum and/or Kanban Agile experience
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: February 15, 2018
Closes:April 16, 2018