6-month contract Cloud Engineer role working on a number of high-profile initiatives with a global retail giant.
- 6-month Cloud Engineer contract
- High profile transformation to cloud technologies
- Working with a highly respected brand
What & Why:
Major investment in technology has led to our client building out their cloud team. We are looking for a cloud engineer to join the global cloud team. You will provide technical expertise to the application and platform team to facilitate deployment of containerized platform components, reusable templates/libraries using Kubernetes, Rancher, AWS, and Azure. You will also design/implement the modularized CI/CD pipelines to achieve continuously development and deployment without major impact to production systems. This is a great team solving high profile problems.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 remained a very strong year for them which included a major strategic acquisition. 2021 has them investing majorly in bleeding edge technology as they looking to be a global leader in retail technology. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19 and are full work remote until at least August 2021.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 4+ years of experience in technology
- 2+ years Kubernetes, GitHub, Jenkins, Terraform experience
- 2+ years building and managing cloud monitoring infrastructure, such as Grafana, Prometheus, and Splunk
- 2+ years Vault Enterprise experience
- Comprehensive experience with at least one major cloud service provider (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud)
- Lean Agile mentality
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their actions
- Ability to create clearly defined technical documentation (ex: Technical requirements, design documentation, Architectural review materials, technology guidelines and best practices)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field
- Professional level Cloud certification
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology