Multiple 6-month contract Cloud Engineer contract roles with a global organization with full remote work until August 2021
- Multiple 6-month Cloud Engineer contract roles
- Global organization investing majorly into technology
- Full remote work until August 2021
What & Why:
As a result of investment into technology our client is looking to bring on five Cloud Engineers to work on a number of different project tracks within their global platform team. If you have expertise with Azure you can expect to provide technical expertise to App Teams to facilitate deployment of cloud account strategies, cloud cost management strategies, landing zones and network connectivity. If you have CloudSec experience you can expect to implement Secrets Management for the multi-cloud environment. They are looking for a Kubernetes engineer to provide technical expertise to their App Teams to facilitate deployment of containerized applications using Kubernetes, Rancher, and AWS. You will play a critical role engineering new security governance standards for managing containers, pods, and K8s networking. Additionally, a cloud infrastructure engineer will design and engineer integration of logging, monitoring and alerting.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 remained a very strong year for them which included a major strategic acquisition. 2021 has them investing majorly in bleeding edge technology as they looking to be a global leader in retail technology. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19 and are full work remote until at least August 2021.
You will bring any combo of following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 5+ years designing, executing, and supporting cloud-based solutions, (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud)
- 3+ years design/operations of Kubernetes platforms
- 2+ years using IaC to manage cloud resources
- 2+ years building and managing cloud monitoring infrastructure, such as Grafana, Prometheus, and Splunk
- 3+ years experience with lower level infrastructure and system integration
- 3+ years Vault Enterprise experience
- 2+ years experience with microservices, containers, automation, and cloud computing
- Migration engineering experience (ex: containerize a legacy application and migrate from old to new infrastructure)
- Advanced expertise with Subscription management, Logic Apps, Resource Manager, Automation, Azure Active Directory, Developer tools etc for Azure
- Skilled with API usage, Command line interface and SDKs for automating cloud operations
- Proficient in developing scripts, preferably using python or Golang to build serverless applications
- Able to design metrics, data collection and extraction methods that enable engineers & business to focus on relevant metrics
- Ability to demo cloud platform technology advances to application teams.
- Strong, proactive communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complex cloud reports to management and other IT development partners
- Ability to create clearly defined technical documentation (ex: Technical requirements, design documentation, Architectural review materials, technology guidelines and best practices)
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology