Operations Research and Analytics (ORA) is an emerging innovative team within Health Informatics Department at Providence Healthcare (PHC). The team is committed to design, develop, and deploy state-of-the-art analytical solutions and applications. Scope of the work is diverse and touches on a wide variety of challenges in the health sector, such as the patient flow management, patient scheduling, capacity planning, inventory management, and others.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Research & Analytics, the Cloud Data Engineer develops and establishes scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, validation and implementation. The position will closely collaborate with the other members of the ORA Team to create and deploy automated data pre-processing and machine learning models through the innovative understanding and use of large data sets to improve clinical processes and patient outcomes, and support data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate will have experience in data modeling, data warehousing, building ETL pipelines for machine learning models, and excellent problem solving ability dealing with huge volumes of medical and clinical data. The position will also stay apprised of current trends and research on all aspects of data engineering and machine learning techniques and works in collaboration with provincial and national colleagues.
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing with solid knowledge of various industry standards such as dimensional modeling, and star schemas etc.
• Knowledge of business intelligence environments (ETL tools, data profiling, data access, data model, etc.)
• Good knowledge of SSIS and data modeling techniques with SQL Server.
• Coding proficiency in Python.
• Demonstrated proficiency working with both relational (SQL) and non-relational databases (NoSQL).
• Demonstrated skills in AI product design and proven ability to plan, organize, and coordinate AI product activities.
• Demonstrated understanding of data privacy, security and related tools such as anonymization and encryption.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to clearly and fluently translate technical findings to non-technical partners and to communicate to multiple audiences using data storytelling and through graphics.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary environment and to develop recommendations using facilitation and consensus building.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering and at least five (5) years’ experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Developer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) including at least two (2) years’ experience building cloud solutions in Azure or AWS. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience would also be considered.
1. Designs, develops and supports data pipelines, warehouses and reporting systems to address business operations and pressing operational and clinical challenges within the organization.
2. Migrates and moves Data & Analytics platforms and applications to the Azure cloud environment.
3. Recognizes and adopts best practices in data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation. Tunes application and query performance using profiling tools and SQL.
4. Identifies, cleans, and integrates large sets of structured and unstructured datasets from disparate sources for use in machine learning (ML) models and products.
5. Establishes standards for development processes and technical requirements. Develops and ensures compliance for data management processes, policies and standards. Implements and enforces controls to maintain data availability and quality.
6. Collaborates with Developers in the construction of analytic models, and maintaining detailed project status plans to achieve ML development cycle timelines and avoid development delays.
7. Works closely with clinical and management teams across PHC to strategize, develop, and implement artificial intelligence (AI) products that translate into improved quality of care, clinical outcomes, reduced costs, temporal efficiencies, and process improvements.
8. Identifies, engages, and collaborates with specific stakeholders as required for the development of AI products designed around PHC’s strategic priorities and clinical/business problems.
9. Perform other duties as required.
#43 - Fujitsu - The Benefits of Reverse Mentoring