Position Summary CLOUD ADMINISTRATOR Job ID: 3691 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** CLOUD ADMINISTRATOR POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director, Technology Services, the Cloud Administrator is responsible for overseeing the use, planning, growth, and billing for cloud services which support and run the organization's corporate applications, platform technologies, and associated infrastructure. The position works closely with the managers and staff in Technology Services and works with the rest of the IMT department to ensure that cloud services run well and in a fiscally responsible manner. He/she/they provides standards, guidance, and direction in use of cloud, and ensures that the cloud environments adhere to the standards developed. The position also liaises with the IT Security team to ensure that security is core to cloud use. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Diploma in Information Technology or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
Considerable experience overseeing enterprise cloud environments (especially Microsoft Azure), including technical oversight and financial oversight; moving on-premise or co-located services and applications to a cloud provider; producing standards, procedures and processes for a cloud environment; scripting/programming in a variety of languages (such as PowerShell, bash, Python, Perl, and Ruby).
Considerable experience with the deployment and operations of mission critical enterprise applications, databases, middleware, and infrastructure in an enterprise cloud environment, including:
- Systems Monitoring
- Backup and Recovery
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Fault Tolerance and High Availability
- Disaster Recovery
- Patching and Maintenance
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups to achieve common goals.
- Ability to create and update technical, design and operational documents.
- Ability to generate and articulate new ideas and adapt effectively to new technologies.
- Ability to assess and enact process-oriented changes to improve IT operation effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex IT problems.
- Ability to plan, facilitate and coordinate the execution of complex sets of activities.
- Ability to deal with confidential information using judgment and discretion.
- Ability to provide guidance to various internal and external stakeholders, including contractors.