CLK ST 12R - Legal Assistant
Clerk Stenographer R12
Duncan, BC V9L 6B1 CA (Primary)
$49,464.27 - $55,838.67 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Attorney General
Ministry Branch / Division
BC Prosecution Service
Job Summary A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
This position performs a variety of legal support services for Crown Counsel and the public for criminal justice files and performs redaction services (at the advanced level) for the purpose of disclosure to Defence Counsel.Job Requirements:
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent (e.g. GED).
- Successful completion of a recognized Legal Assistant or Paralegal program; OR
- A combination of education, training, and administrative support/clerical experience may be considered.
- 6 months of recent experience (within the last 3 years) working in an office in an administrative support/clerical role OR
- Recent experience (within the last 5 years) working as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal with the BC Prosecution Service.
Preference may be given to applicants who have one or more in the following areas:
- Successful completion of a Legal Assistant certificate or Paralegal certificate.
- Recent experience (within the last 5 years) working in a legal office as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal.
- More than 1 year of recent experience (within the last 5 years) working in a legal office as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal.
- Experience working as a Legal Assistant for the BC Prosecution Service.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Terri.Irving@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES -
You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) and Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians