CLK 9 - Administrative Assistant Position Classification
Clerk R9 Union
GEU Work Options
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$48,729.07 - $54,899.19 annually Close Date
9/28/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Health Ministry Branch / Division
Pharmaceutical, Laboratory & Blood Services Division Job Summary Apply your excellent customer service skills in this administrative opportunity
The Pharmaceutical, Laboratory and Blood Services (PLBS) division manages and leads a policy framework for both pharmaceutical services (including gene therapies, health authority pharmaceutical and life support therapies) and the PharmaCare public drug program. The division also manages, supports, develops policy, oversees performance, keeps track of issues, evaluates program and innovates for laboratory medicine and blood services.
Reporting to the Director of Policy & Regulation the position provides a variety of office administrative, secretarial and financial support services for the Pharmaceutical Policy, Legislation and Engagement branch and coordinates the day to day priorities of the Director, including providing liaison with ministry executive offices.Job Requirements:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Training in office administration is an asset.
- One year of clerical/administrative support experience in a fast-paced office environment subject to shifting priorities. Preference may be given for 2 years of experience.
- Experience providing secretarial/administrative services to a manager or director, managing a calendar, and booking meetings and appointments.
- Experience handling multiple documents, files, and correspondence and using a tracking system (preference may be given for CLIFF and eApprovals).
- Experience formatting and proofreading a variety of documents and materials using desktop tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Preference may be given for filing or records management experience.
For questions regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
.About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home a few days a week subject to an approved telework agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future permanent vacancies.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more. How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a standard questionnaire (current employment status, eligibility to apply, etc.).
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians