CLK 15R - Supervisor, Administrative Services Position Classification
Clerk R15 Union
GEU Work Options Location
Multiple Locations, BC CA
North Vancouver, BC V7P 3M7 CA
Richmond, BC V7C 4M9 CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CASalary Range
$57,296.54 - $64,805.30 annually Close Date
5/30/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Social Dev & Poverty Reduction Ministry Branch / Division
SDD Job Summary Bring your leadership and administrative experience to our team of client service superheroe
: The Supervisor, Administrative Services provides support to program management and staff and, coordinates office administration functions, human resources, payroll, records management, facilities, and assetmanagement ensuring delivery of services meet business needs and objectives.
The Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we strive to ensure all employees contribute in meaningful ways, bring their full self to work and celebrate theirdifferences. The ministry focuses on reducing poverty, creating opportunities, and increasing inclusion. The ministry provides strategic leadership and quality services that empower British Columbians to share in theprovince's prosperity, with a vision to participate fully in their community and to reach their full potential.
The Service Delivery Division
provides income and disability assistance services online, by phone, or face to face in our communities. We strive to ensure our services are reliable, responsive, inclusive, and accessible toall British Columbians who need our support.
The Community Services Branch delivers
programs and services through a face-to-face front counter environment to clients across the province. The Community Integration Services Branch deliversprograms and services through inreach and outreach environments to connect individuals in communities with services across the province. The Virtual Services Branch delivers programs and operational services to clients across the province through a virtual service delivery model.Job Requirements:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum one year of experience providing administrative and/or financial support services for a group of staff.
- Experience in supervising and scheduling staff, allocating work duties, managing employee performance, and change management.
- Minimum one year of public facing customer/client service experience responding to inquiries and resolving /de-escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Experience delivering training/coaching to a group of staff.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Ie. Excel, Outlook, Word, etc).
- Experience leading others.
- Experience using computer web-based applications, financial systems, company pay roll/time keeping/scheduling etc.
- Experience with Integrated Case Management System (ICM) or complex information management systems.
- Preference may be given to applicants with a degree or diploma in Business Administration or a related field.
- Experience working directly in or with community-based social service organizations providing services to citizens in a face to face setting.
The successful candidate will be required to travel between offices in the lower mainland.
For questions regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
.About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent vacancies and will be used exclusively by the Community Services Branch.Successful applicants would be required to physically work in the locations posted and would not be eligible to be placed elsewhere in the Province by virtue of this competition.
The Ministry of Social Development & Poverty Reduction is committed to providing an inclusive work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of this process, please advise us at the contact information below. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
The Service Delivery Division provides a flexible work environment with many unique benefits including a scheduled "flex" day every two weeks. In addition,this position may be able to work from home a few days a week as per the Telework Agreement . Our team is highly effective working through virtual means, using tools such as Skype and Teams to stay connected wherever we're working.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians