CLK 15R - Office Manager
Delta, BC V4L 2M1 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
White Rock, BC V4B 4M2 CA
$53,673.52 - $60,707.45 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Office Manager
One (1) permanentposition currently available and located in Surrey.
An eligibility list may be established for any future permanent or temporary vacancies in Surrey, Delta and White Rock.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your administrative leadership to this fast paced environment inSurrey.
The Ministry of Children and Family Development has an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager to support a large branch with seven program areas: Child Protection, Guardianship, Family Services, Resources, Child and Youth Mental Health, Youth Probation and Services to Youths with Special Needs.
As the Office Manager, you provide support to branch management and staff and coordinate office administration functions, human resources, payroll, records management, facilities and asset management. Your expertise in government procedures and strong attention to quality will help you coordinate the management of all records and documentation for the branch including the ARCS/ORCS record management system. Utilizing your good judgement and initiative, you oversee the support and effective organization ofclerical, professional and excluded staff. A key member of the team, you willsupervise up to ten (10) staff in their assignment of work, development and evaluation of performance plans and approval of leave. Your strong service orientation and outgoing personality will be a positive asset to achieving goals in this high volume work environment. You possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with diplomacy and sound judgment. Occasional travel may be required; transportation arrangements must meet operational requirements. If you want to advance your leadership career, this is a great opportunity for you.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Deanna.Moscato@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experienceas outlined below:
• Secondary school graduation or equivalent
• A minimum of one (1) year of experience providing administrative and financial support services for a group of staff.
• Experience leading others.
• Must be proficient and have experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and other standard computer applications.
Preference may be given to applicants who have the following:
- Experience in supervising staff, scheduling staff, allocating work duties, managing employee performance and delivering training and direction. Preferred six (6) months previous supervisory experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience (within the last five (5) years) working in an office setting.
- Experience using MCFD applications such as: CRMS, ARCS/ORCS, ICM, MIS and CARIS.
- Recent experience (within the last five (5) years) working with vulnerable children, families and caregivers.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Online Questionnaire: YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Administrative Services, Leadership and Management, Social Services
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians