CLK 14R - Office Manager Position Classification
Clerk R14 Union
Hazelton, BC V0J1Y0 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$48,182.24 - $54,518.81 annually plus $38.87 biweekly isolation allowance Close Date
2/3/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Bulkley Valley/Hazelton LSA, NorthWest SDA Job Summary Office Manager
An eligibility list may be established.It's your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed in this career building role
Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations or Team Leader, this position is responsible for developing, organizing, and supervising all financial and administrative functions required in support of the office in accordance with operating policies and procedures and within the various Acts and related legislation.
The Hazeltons are filled with a variety of wildlife, and are home to various activities such as boating and hiking, with fishing being the most popular pastime. The Hazeltons are home to important aboriginal landmarks, such as Hagwilget Bridge, and major local events such as Kispiox Valley Rodeo and Music Festival occur here each year.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Tracy.Malchuk@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Secondary school graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of two (2) years administrative/clerical experience
- Supervisory experience leading others, scheduling staff, allocating work duties, managing employee performance and delivering training, and direction
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Applications - Experience/training in keyboarding/word processing, spreadsheet and other standard computer applications. (i.e. MS Office - Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Three (3) years' or more of administrative clerical experience
- One (1) year or more of experience leading others, scheduling staff, allocating work duties, managing employee performance and delivering training, and direction
- Applicants who have Indigenous heritage (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) with the required combination of education and experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid BC class 5 driver's licence (without restrictions)
- Travel between Smithers and Hazelton may be required monthly in a company vehicle
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC and CRRA - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES - A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Administrative Services, Finance, Leadership and Management