CLK 12R - Regional Office Administrator Position Classification
Clerk R12 Union
GEU Work Options
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$49,464.27 - $55,838.67 annually Close Date
6/6/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Emerg Mgt, Climate Readiness (EMCR) Ministry Branch / Division
Regional Operations NWE Job Summary Bring your expertise in organization and administration to this exciting role
Emergency Management & Climate Readiness (EMCR) is the lead coordinating agency in the provincial government for all emergency management activities. EMCR is responsible to British Columbians for leading the management of provincial level emergencies and disasters and supporting other authorities within their areas of jurisdiction. EMCR works directly with local governments, Indigenous Nations, provincial ministries and agencies, federal departments, other jurisdictions, industry and volunteers in hazard mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
Reporting to the Senior Regional Manager/ Regional Manager, the Regional Office Administrator (ROA) is responsible for the coordination and provision of administrative and financial support services. The ROA is the senior administrator in the regional office and is relied upon to anticipate requirements, set priorities, organize and carry out administrative and financial tasks. The ROA works in collaboration with all members of the regional office, counterparts in other regional offices, and headquarters, and leads the continual improvement of administrative and financial procedures and operations. The ROA is the point-of-contact for inquiries and is relied upon to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide network of internal and external contacts. The ROA periodically works on-call, beyond normal business hours, and fulfils a variety of roles during emergency activations and operational deployments. The ROA also provides leadership and guidance to regional office administrative assistant(s). Job Requirements:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent AND a minimum of two years of recent, related clerical/administrative experience as described below. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Related experience must include all of the following:
- Experience with general office procedures and the operation of office equipment such as personal computer, fax, photocopier, multi-line phone system.
- Experience or training in standard computer applications e.g. MS Word, Outlook and Excel at an intermediate level of proficiency.
- Experience reviewing, verifying and tracking financial and/or program information.
- Experience arranging travel, meetings, events, etc.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Post-secondary training in office administration, business, secretarial or other related courses.
- Three or more years clerical/administrative support experience.
- Experience preparing documents (e.g. reports, briefing materials, correspondence, presentations, etc.) and maintaining filing systems/records management.
- Experience supervising or leading a team.
Candidates must be willing and able to:
- Work on-call and work extended hours during emergency activations.
- Participate in operational deployments throughout the province.
- Occasional travel within the region or outside the region.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Tony.Fiala@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
This position is based in Prince George.
This position has full time on-site requirements.
This is a permanent opportunity.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Online Questionnaire: YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians