CLK 12R - Records Technician
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$49,464.27 - $55,838.67 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Agriculture and Food
Ministry Branch / Division
Food Safety Inspection Branch/Science Policy and Inspection Division
Job Summary A critical role in support of records management.
The Records Technician provides technical advice to ministry records custodians and ensures ministry records systems are in compliance with legislative and policy requirements.Job Requirements:
• Grade 12 graduation or equivalent.
• Minimum one year of experience working in a records management environment.
• Minimum one year of experience providing client services in any environment.
• Minimum one year of experience with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint.Preference may be given to the following:
• Candidates who have experience using Adobe Pro.
• Candidates who have experience working with EDRMS.
• Candidates who have completed BC Government records management learning.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Rebecca.Soepboer@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established for future, similar vacancies which are temporary or permanent in the Victoria area.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES -
A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians