CLK 12R - Dispatcher Position Classification
Clerk R12 Union
GEU Work Options
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$52,803.18 - $59,607.79 annually, plus $36.53 bi-weekly isolation allowance Close Date
1/15/2024 Job Type
Temporary (Auxiliary) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
BC Wildfire Service/Northwest Fire Centre Job Summary Coordinate emergency management in one of BC's mission critical programs
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is the Province of BC's primary emergency response organization. It operates year-round to deliver its mandate for wildfire management and response to natural hazard emergencies. The BCWS operates provincially, delivering services through six fire centres, thirty-three zones and two provincial centres in Kamloops and Victoria.
This position is responsible for providing a communication link between the general public, field operations and Regional Wildfire Coordination Centres.Job Requirements: Preference may be given to candidates:
Provisos /Willingness statement(s)
- who can demonstrate an accurate typing speed of 50 words per minute or greater
- experience working in a demanding environment with strict timelines
- experience working in an office and team setting
- experience in records management or filing
- experience in emergency response
- experience working with computers and digital systems
- experience working with Microsoft Office suite
- Valid driver licence
- To be flexible regarding ongoing changes in responsibilities, assignments and corporate structures.
- To keep current on emerging issues
- To take in-house training and certification as required
- To fly in aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) as required
- To work extended hours, including weekends, and be on standby with limited notice in accordance with the preparedness plan
- To travel and overnight in remote locations where accommodations may vary as required.
- To participate in ICS positions as assigned
- To work under adverse or stressful conditions, including smoke, extreme heat and mountainous terrain in remote and isolated conditions
For questions regarding this position, please contact email@example.com
.About this Position:
This position has full time on-site requirements.
This temporary opportunity starts in approximately February 2024 and ends in November 2024, with possibility of recall on a yearly basis.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Smithers is filled with activities like fishing, boating, camping, hiking, skiing, and shopping. The Wet'suwet'en people are very close with the community, and have introduced many traditions. This quaint town with a friendly atmosphere is a wonderful place to live and visit.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians