CLK 12R - Dispatcher Position Classification
Clerk R12 Union
GEU Work Options
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$52,803.18 - $59,607.79 annually Close Date
5/31/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
BC Wildfire Job Summary Make a difference in this rewarding career opportunity
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is the Province of BC's primary emergency response organization. It operates year-round to deliver its mandate for wildfire management and response to natural hazard emergencies. The BCWS operates provincially, delivering services through six fire centres, thirty-three zones and two provincial centres in Kamloops and Victoria.
This position is responsible for providing a communication link between the general public, field operations and Regional Wildfire Coordination Centres.Job Requirements
- Secondary School graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent
Provisos & Willingness Statements
- A typing speed of 50 words per minute or greater
- Experience working in a demanding environment with strict timelines
- Experience working in an office and team setting
- Experience in records management or filing
- Experience working with computers and digital systems, including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Valid BC driver's licence
- To be flexible regarding ongoing changes in responsibilities, assignments and corporate structures
- To keep current on emerging issues
- To take in-house training and certification as required
- To fly in aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) as required
- To work extended hours, including weekends, and be on standby with limited notice in accordance with the preparedness plan
- To travel and overnight in remote locations where accommodations may vary as required
- To participate in ICS positions as assigned
- To work under adverse or stressful conditions, including smoke, extreme heat and mountainous terrain in remote and isolated conditions
For questions regarding this position, please contact Sandra.Johnston@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
This position has full time on-site requirements. Currently there is 1 full time auxiliary position available.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and or permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Online Questionnaire: YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians