CLK 12R - Customer Service Representative Position Classification
Clerk R12 Union
GEU Work Options
Quesnel, BC V2J 6W6 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$52,803.18 - $59,607.79 annually Close Date
6/6/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Citizens' Services Ministry Branch / Division
Service Delivery Branch Job Summary
Apply your expertise and passion for innovation to this rewarding career opportunity
If you're looking for an exciting role in a dynamic, public service environment, this could be just the position you're after. As a Customer Service Representative with Service BC in Quesnel, you will be the front-line contact in the delivery of a diverse range of clerical and administrative services.
Your strong service orientation and ability to multi-task skills are important in this role. We are seeking a confident individual able to perform duties with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and efficiency. In this position, you will provide over-the-counter, telephone and correspondence services to respond to public enquiries. This role calls for an analytical thinker with a keen attention to detail and experience handling financial transactions, as another component of this position is receiving payments from the public. You are also required to proficiently use many computer programs delivering service to the public. You enjoy meeting the public's needs in a service oriented environment. You are a positive team member, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships that enable you to complete work, provide quality services and share information. If you are interested in working in a rewarding and dynamic environment, this is the job for you.
Service BC is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with government due to the exposure to a wide variety of programs.Job Requirements:
- Minimum grade 12 graduation required, or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum two (2) years experience providing in person customer/client service experience.
- Minimum one (1) year experience with conflict management and dealing with emotionally charged individuals or groups.
- Clerical/admin experience, education and/or relevant training
- Experience in word processing and other computer applications such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Diploma or Certification or higher in human resources management, business administration, financial management or other related field from a recognized institution
- Completed a training program focused on customer service/service excellence.
- Experience providing service through multiple channels (e.g., in-person, phone, email).
- Clerical and Administrative office experience in a public service (Municipal, Provincial, Federal) environment.
- Experience in handling financial transactions (e.g., payment processing, cash handling) from the public
- Experience using databases to enter, update, search, retrieve, or extract information ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
For questions regarding this position, please contact email@example.com About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established to fill future permanent and/or temporary vacancies across the Ministry of Citizens' Services.
This position has full time on-site requirements.
Known as "the Goldpan City", Quesnel has a rich past connected to the Cariboo gold rush, and is also known for its agricultural beauty. Home to many farms and ranches, Quesnel hosts regular events such as The Quesnel Old Time Farmer's' Market. Festivals and other events are also held, such as the Billy Barker Days and the Quesnel Rodeo.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians