CLK 12R - Corporate Accounts Officer Position Classification
Clerk R12 Union
GEU Work Options
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$52,803.18 - $59,607.79 annually Close Date
12/4/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Public Guardian and Trustee Ministry Branch / Division
Public Guardian and Trustee Job Summary Bring your strong administrative experience and superior organizational skills to this position
The Public Guardian and Trustee ("PGT") of British Columbia is a corporation sole, created under the Public Guardian and Trustee Act which operates independently under provincial legislation to protect the legal and financial interests of children under the age of 19 years; protect the legal, financial, and in some cases personal and health care interests of adults who require assistance in decision making; and administer the estates of deceased and missing persons.
Under the limited supervision of the Manager, Corporate Financial Services, the Corporate Accounts Officer(s) are responsible for accurate and timely processing of payments from the Public Guardian and Trustee (PGT) budgets encompassing 30 Responsibility Centers under the Special Account budget [approximately $30 million]. Because of the independent nature of the PGT financial function, the Corporate Accounts Officer(s) are expected to provide advice and assistance to staff and managers as to Office of the Comptroller General (OCG), ministry and PGT policy and procedures and ensure that payment documentation is complete.Job Requirements:
- Secondary School graduation or equivalent (i.e., GED).
- Minimum two (2) years recent computerized accounting experience
- Minimum two (2) years recent accounts payable and/or auditing experience
- Minimum two (2) years recent experience working in a large, computerized environment (e.g., ORACLE)
- A combination of education and experience may be considered
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Satisfactory completion of the second level of the Government Financial Management Certificate Program or equivalent, OR,
- Enrolment in the thirdyear of a Canadian professional accounting designation program.
For questions regarding this position, please contact LReid@trustee.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to three (3) days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
There is one (1) permanent position available and one (1) temporary position available until March 31, 2024. A permanent appointment may result from this temporary appointment.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more. How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Services, Finance
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians