CLK 12R - Coordinator, Content Design
Burnaby, BC V3J 1N3 CA (Primary)
$49,464.27 - $55,838.67 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Health
Ministry Branch / Division
Primary Care Division
Job Summary Bring your talent for story telling and strategic communications to this fast-paced career connecting British Columbians with the information, programs and services that matter to them.
HealthLink BC's telehealth platform delivers high quality telehealth services across the continuum of care to health care providers and the public that positively impact the health care experience, health outcomes and the accessibility of health care human resources and health information. HLBC's comprehensive self-care and health system navigation services focus on quality client services to consumers and health care professionals. Core services include Nursing Services, the BC HealthGuide Handbook, www.HealthLinkBC.ca, HealthLinkBC Files, Dietitian Services and Navigation Services.
The Coordinator, Content Design is responsible for preparing accessible health care information for the public, including HealthLinkBC Files and website content. Working with subject matter experts, the coordinator ensures that content is accurate and easy-to-understand. The coordinator formats documents according to editorial standards, conducts quality assurance and orders translations of content in multiple languages.Job Requirements:
Preference may be given to applicants who have:
- Secondary school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a Communications related field, such as Journalism, Web/Print Media, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Human Resources, preferably in the public or non-profit sector.
- Experience and proficiency in writing for the web and / or content creation.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate multiple projects within strict timelines.
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Human Resources or a related field.
- Experience using web content management systems (e.g. Drupal, CMS Lite).
- 2 years or more related experience as identified below:
- Experience checking for accuracy or quality, such as proofreading documents, checking for consistency and verifying information with subject matter experts, and making changes as required.
- User experience design and web 2.0 strategies.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Sandra.Ramezani@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status],Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer. How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Administrative Services, Communications, Health Services
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians