CLK 11R - Senior District Clerk
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA (Primary)
$46,182.50 - $52,157.99 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Senior District Clerk
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary opportunities.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career!
Under the general supervision of the District Services Manager, the Senior District Clerk provides a wide range of financial and administrative support and functions as second in charge. The positions' primary responsibilities are contract documentation, reconciliation of CAS/ORCA, purchasing and asset control, leave management related "personnel" functions and providing guidance to the District Clerks.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Secondary school graduation and a minimum of 3 years' experience in an office setting. Related experience must include:
• Providing customer service in a fast-paced, high volume, professional work environment.
• Providing administrative support and basic financial support services such as accounts payable and budgeting.Preference may be given to applicants with:
• A minimum of one-year Supervisory experienceProviso:
• Must have a valid Class 5 BC Driver's LicenseApplicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians