CLK 11R - Senior District Clerk***CLOSING DATE EXTENDED***
Coquitlam, BC V3K 7B9 CA (Primary)
$49,464.27 - $55,838.67 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division
Highways and Regional Services Division
Job Summary Senior District Clerk
Clerk R11 ***AMENDMENT NOVEMBER 30, 2022: CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER7, 2022***
Amendment (Nov 21): The salary has been amended to reflect the 19 th BCGEU Main Agreement.
An eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service.More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Senior District Clerk provides a wide range of financial and administrative support. The positions' primary responsibilities are reconciliation of the financial management system and accounts payable, purchasing and asset control, contract documentation, leave management, responding to public enquiries, overseeing the Hired Equipment Process, provides other Program and general administrative support, assists with other related personnel/staffing functions, and provides guidance to other District Clerks.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Kaley.Wang@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail t o BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition. Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Secondary school graduation and a minimum of 3 years administration and/or clerical experience in accounts receivable/payable, bookkeeping and/or contract administration; OR
- A certificate or diploma in bookkeeping or accounting and a minimum of 2 years administration and/or clerical experience in accounts receivable/payable, bookkeeping and/or contract administration; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience in the following computer applications: Corporate Accounting System (CAS), Capital Program System (CPS), Time and Leave Management System online (TALM) and/or the Hired Equipment Tracking System (HETS).
- Preference may be given to applicants with supervisory experience.
- Class 5 BC driver's license or equivalent.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians