CLK 09R - Team Assistant Position Classification
Clerk R9 Union
GEU Work Options
Vanderhoof, BC V0J 3A0 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$48,729.07 - $54,899.19 annually Close Date
12/7/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Nechako Lakes Job Summary Apply your expertise and passion for innovation to this rewarding career opportunity
Do you have a desire to make a difference in someone's life? Do you have excellent customer service skills and strong administrative abilities?
The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in BC. The Ministry is responsible for regional and province wide delivery of services and programs that support positive and healthy outcomes for children, youth and their families.
Working in the Ministry of Children and Family Development, this job has a primary focus on providing day-to-day program support within the social services office. The job reports to an Office Manager or Administrative Supervisor, but receives direction almost all the time from social worker team leads, social workers, and social worker assistants, and the job is the point of contact for client intake. This job requires a greater job knowledge in order to provide program support in programs such as mental health, child protection, guardianship, adoption, or other programs either dedicated to one program or providing support to a broad number of programs. Because the job is a point of contact for program(s), there is records management responsibility, financial responsibility, and there is a requirement for a greater knowledge of how the social services office relates outside of the Ministry, so with service providers, community organizations, and other public service organizations.
The Team Assistanthas a primary focus on providing day-to-day program support within the social services office.The position reports to the Office Manager and receives direction from multiple stakeholders that include social workers, Team Leaders, Managers and the immediate supervisor.The position is the point of contact for client intake which includes the general public.
The position provides program support and general administrative and clerical support to a children and families office, working directly for professional staff on program responsibilities.Job Requirements:
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- One (1) year of administrative support experience in an office environment,
- Six (6) months experience working in a computerized environment using various computer applications and databases. (For example, Microsoft Office applications (Word Excel, Outlook, Lync) for word processing, spreadsheeting, data entry, email and video teleconferencing; and case management or other database applications, . Consideration may be given for completion of an Administrative Business Skills course or program as experience equivalency.
- Experience providing quality customer or client service, carrying out duties, and responding to client needs in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as a team member in a multi-disciplinary environment and with other professional staff, clients, and service providers.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Administrative experience working with vulnerable children and families in a human/social services setting.
- Experience using MCFD applications: Integrated Case Management (ICM) and/or Management Information Systems (MIS) computer applications.
- Ability to keyboard with speed and accuracy at approximately 40 - 50 words per minute.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position).
For questions regarding this position, please contact Liza.Wigmore@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Flexible work options are available, this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week subject to an approved Telework Agreement.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.
Vanderhoof is home to the Kenney Dam and sits on the Nechako River, in the flat spot between the BC coastline and the Rocky Mountain Range. Vanderhoof hosts events all year long, including tournaments for hockey and golf.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a basic questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:.
CRC and CRRA - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Services, Social Services
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians