CLK 09R - Team Assistant/Reception
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 8Y9 CA (Primary)
$43,758.80 - $49,357.30 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
North Vancouver Island/Multi-Service Office
Job Summary Team Assistant/Reception
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .The next exciting step in your administrative career!
Working in the Ministry of Children and Family Development, this job has a primary focus on providing day-to-day program support within the social services office. The job reports to an Office Manager or Administrative Supervisor but receives direction almost all the time from social worker team leads, social workers, and social worker assistants, and the job is the point of contact for client intake. This job requires a greater job knowledge in order to provide program support in programs such as mental health, child protection, guardianship, adoption, or other programs either dedicated to one program or providing support to a broad number of programs. Because the job is a point of contact for program(s), there is records management responsibility, financial responsibility, and there is a requirement for a greater knowledge of how the social services office relates outside of the Ministry, so with service providers, community organizations, and other public service organizations.
The Team Assistant/Receptionistprovides program support and general administrative and clerical support to a children and families office, working directly for professional staff on program responsibilities.
This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Lisa.Bruessler@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below: JOB REQUIREMENTS
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent (for example, GED)
- One year of administrative support experience in an office environment.
- Six months experience working in a computerized environment using various computer applications and data bases. (For example: Microsoft Office applications (Word Excel, Outlook, Skype) for word processing, spread sheeting, data entry, email and video teleconferencing; and case management or other database applications. Consideration may be given for completion of an Administrative Business Skills course or program as experience equivalency.
- Experience providing quality customer or client service, carrying out duties and responding to client needs in a professional manner.
- Experience working independently and as a team member with a multi-disciplinary environment and with other professional staff, client and service providers.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- A certificate/diploma in Business Administration and/or Public Administration.
- Administrative experience working with vulnerable children and families in a human/social services setting.
- Experience using MCFD applications: Integrated Case Management (ICM) and/or Management Information Systems (MIS) computer applications.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Administrative Services, Social Services
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians