CLK 09R - Program Support Clerk Position Classification
Clerk R9 Union
GEU Work Options
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$48,729.07 - $54,899.19 annually Close Date
5/31/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Education and Child Care Ministry Branch / Division
Child Care Captial and Community Services Job Summary Contribute your organization and prioritization expertise to support programs and services British Columbians count on.
Reporting to the Team Lead, The Program Support Clerk, clarifies case information with clients, provide technical and administrative activities for centralized approval and payment of program benefits within a branch or division.Job Requirements:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months of client/customer service experience.
- Experience with word processing, data entry and database applications.
- Experience or training in basic accounting or bookkeeping
Preference May Be Given To Candidates With:
- Administrative experience in the child care sector.
- Experience in procurement and contracts administration.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Heather.Johnston@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and temporary vacancies.Flexible work options are available;this position may be able to work up to 4 days at home per week as per the Telework Agreement.
This competition is geographically restricted to Victoria.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians