CLK 09R - Finance and Administration Clerk - Amended Position Classification
Clerk R9 Union
GEU Work Options
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$48,729.07 - $54,899.19 annually Close Date
5/30/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Public Safety & Sol General Ministry Branch / Division
Corrections Branch/ Adult Custody Division / KRCC Job Summary A unique opportunity to apply yourfinancial expertise in this exciting role
The Corrections Branch plays a leading role in the criminal justice system by protecting the community through offender management and control. The Branch manages community work service and supports offenders to make positive changes in their behaviour and attitudes. Adult Custody is one of two divisions of the Corrections Branch. Adult Custody provides custodial supervision for adults sentenced to incarceration and those remanded to custody. It provides core programs and additional services which balance risks and needs; ensures linkage with Community Corrections based on common core programming and integrated case management; communicates with stakeholders and participates as a pro-active partner in the criminal justice system. The management team of a correctional centre works within unique operational imperatives: risk-based supervision, proven rehabilitation programs, fiscal efficiency achieved primarily through well planned staff and shift management, compliance with legislation, policy, security and safety standards, 24 x 7 operation, and positive interactions with government, local agencies and interest groups.
The Finance and Administration Clerk provides service in inmate trust accounts, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing and inventory, victim notification, federal billing, and general administration.
If you enjoy working on a great team, have superior customer service skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills, we encourage you to applyJob Requirements:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- One year (within the last 5 years) basic finance administration, basic accounting or bookkeeping experience and/or a combination of equivalent experience and education.
- Experience handling cash transactions.
- Experience with a computer based financial bookkeeping/accounting system.
- Experience with MS Office computer applications such as Word and Excel.
- One year (within the last 5 years) general office administration experience.
- Keyboard with speed and accuracy at 30 to 40 words per minute.
Preference may be given to those with:
- Two years basic finance administration, basic accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Experience with victim notification and/or inmate administration.
- CAS, TLAM, and/or CORNET experience.
- Experience with Provincial Government Trust or Revenue Accounting.
- Experience working in a Correctional Centre or similar type of environment.
- Valid Class 5 driver's licence.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Sharron.Westlund@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Amendment May 19, 2023: Relocation clause added into posting.
This is a temporary opportunity until approximatelyMarch 2024 which may become permanent.
This temporary posting is not limited to the geographic area. Board and lodging and relocation expenses do not apply.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
This position has full time on-site requirements.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians