CLK 09R - District Clerk
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA (Primary)
$45,647.93 - $51,427.75 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Min of Trans & Infrastructure
Ministry Branch / Division
Nanaimo District Office
Job Summary District Clerk
We currently have atemporary opportunityuntil December 31, 2023 and may be extended or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary opportunities.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .The next exciting step in your administrative career
As the District Clerk, you will report directly to the District Services Manager and are a key member of the Finance & Administration team. You will be tasked with providing a broad range of clerical, administrative, financial and stenographic services to all district staff. The position provides various clerical, financial, secretarial and administrative services to District employees and external clients.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sandra.Bradley@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year clerical experience, education and/or training including basic accounting and office administration in a business setting utilizing secretarial, bookkeeping and general office skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Clerical experience gained in an office setting.
- Experience with basic financial control, reconciliation (auditing invoices) and accounts balancing techniques.
- Data entry experience including performing quality checks for accuracy and completeness.
- Experience working with spreadsheets, databases and/or financial reports using Excel.
- Experience working in a confidential capacity, including maintaining confidentiality when handling sensitive information and materials.
- Three (3) years clerical experience, education and/or training including basic accounting and office administration in a business setting utilizing secretarial, bookkeeping and general office skills.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Valid class 5 driver's license with a clean driving record - may be required to drive Ministry vehicles.
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally as required.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
-Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians