CLK 09R - Customer Service Representative Position Classification
Clerk R9 Union
GEU Work Options
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$48,729.07 - $54,899.19 annually Close Date
10/5/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Health Ministry Branch / Division
Vital Statistics Agency/ HSIAR Job Summary Apply your expertise and passion for innovation to this rewarding career opportunity
If you enjoy working in a diverse, fast paced, team orientated environment and would like an opportunity to provide excellent services to the public and your co-workers, this could be the role for you!
The Vital Statistics Agency (Agency) is responsible for administering the legislative requirements of the Vital Statistics Act, Marriage Act, Name Act, and Division 7 of the Wills, Estates and Succession Act for the registration of adoptions, births, stillbirths, marriages, deaths, registry of wills and change of names. The Agency manages the recording of all vital events in the Province, which includes collecting, screening, registering, amending, securing, sorting, and retrieving vital event information and documentation.
There are approximately 100,500 vital events and 55,000 wills notices filed annually. Since 1872 there have been over 5million vital events registered and 1.5 million wills notices filed. These records are maintained as original documents, microfilmed copies, computerized records, scanned images, and indices. Annually there are over 260,000 certificates of birth, death and marriage issued by the Agency based on vital event records, and 15,000 searches of will notices performed.
This position provides primary service delivery for the Agency in response to in-person, telephone, written, and electronic (internet, e-mail) service requests. This position must be able to research, retrieve, and verify information requests.
In addition to responding to the general public's requirements, this position must respond to requests from a variety of other clients including police forces, consulates, trustees, clergy, Marriage Commissioners, the Ministry of Children and Family Development, the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, federal government officials, government agents, notaries, funeral directors, and other provincial Vital Statistics offices. The role of the Customer Service Representative is to provide services in a broad range of statutory and other programs with individuals and Agencies around the world.
Customer Service Representatives hold legislative appointments as Vital Statistics Registrars. Knowledge of all Acts administered by the Agency, as well as Agency policy, is required for determining the eligibility of clientele for services.Job Requirements:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum one-year clerical/administrative support experience in a high-volume customer service environment.
- Minimum 6-months experience reconciling and safeguarding cash and negotiables in accordance with guidelines, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Minimum one (1) year experience using MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Three (3) or more years' experience clerical/administrative support experience working in a high-volume customer service environment providing service delivery to the public.
- Experience providing customer service support in a language other than English.
- Experience providing in-person front counter customer service.
- One (1) or more years experience referencing, interpreting, and applying a variety of policies and procedures to determine the appropriate course of action.
- One (1) or more years call centre experience.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Monique.Colin@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
This position has full time on-site requirements.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians