CLK 09R - Customer Service Representative - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA (Primary)
$43,758.80 - $49,357.30 annually
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Health
Ministry Branch / Division
Vital Statistics Agency
Job Summary Customer Service Representative
Clerk R9Posting amended August 9th: Closing date extended to August 17, 2022.
This is a temporary opportunity until January 27, 2023 and may be extended or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary opportunities.
Due to the nature of the role's duties and responsibilities, this position requires the incumbent to work in-office on a full-time basis.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A great opportunity to take the next step in your career!
The Customer Service Representativeprovides primary service delivery for the Agency in response to in-person, telephone, written, and electronic (internet, e-mail) service requests. This position must be able to research, retrieve, and verify information requests. In addition to responding to the general public's requirements, this position must respond to requests from a variety of other clients including police forces, consulates, trustees, clergy, Marriage Commissioners, the Ministry of Children and Family Development, the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, federal government officials, government agents, notaries, funeral directors, and other provincial Vital Statistics offices. The role of the Customer Service Representative is to provide services in a broad range of statutory and other programs with individuals and Agencies around the world.Customer Service Representatives hold legislative appointments as Vital Statistics Registrars. Knowledge of all Acts administered by the Agency, as well as Agency policy, is required for determining the eligibility of clientele for services.
Kelowna is known for its spectacular selection of wineries, and it is set on the shores of Okanagan Lake, providing water activities like swimming, paddling, windsurfing and fishing. Big White, the ski mountain in Kelowna, allows for skiing and snowboarding.This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Monique.Colin@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum one (1) year clerical/administrative support experience in a high-volume customer service environment.
- Minimum six (6) months experience reconciling and safeguarding cash and negotiables in accordance with guidelines, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Minimum one (1) year experience using MS Office applications such as Excel. Word, and Outlook.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Three (3) or more years' experience clerical/administrative support experience working in a high-volume customer service environment providing service delivery to the public.
- One (1) or more years experience referencing, interpreting, and applying a variety of policies and procedures to determine the appropriate course of action.
- One (1) or more years call centre experience.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians