CLK 09R - Customer Service and Records Management Clerk
Clearwater, BC V0E1N0 CA (Primary)
$43,758.80 - $49,357.30 annually
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Customer Service and Records Management Clerk
This is a temporary opportunity until March 31, 2023, but may be extended or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary or permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here . The next exciting step in your administrative career
As the front line contact for the office that includes Thompson Rivers District, Front Counter BC, BC Timber Sales, Compliance and Enforcement, and Recreation Sites and Trails, the position is responsible for providing customer service to internal and external stakeholders regarding ministry programs and procedures. In addition, the position provides administrative support, including contracts, authorizations, records, facilities and assets management. Records management is provided to Thompson Rivers District, BC Timber Sales, Compliance and Enforcement, and Recreation Sites and Trails and Thompson Okanagan Regional staff at two locations.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more informatio n, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (for example GED) ;
- A combination of three (3) years of related experience* (gained in an office setting), education and/or training.
*Related experience and training must include operational/administrative support in a fast-paced office
environment; providing records management services; reception duties; drafting correspondence; use of current computer applications; and maintaining office supply inventory. Examples of related training are Microsoft Office Suite, records management, business writing, etc.
- Experience/training in keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other standard computer applications (i.e.: MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.); creating and editing spreadsheets; database management; electronic mail; and a variety of word documents and templates.
- Minimum 3 months experience with records management practices, procedures and systems for filing and storage of electronic and hard copy documents.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Post-secondary certification in office/business or public administration.
- Recent (within the last five years) related experience*
- Experience working with contracts and/or authorizations.
- Experience gained in a professional office environment. Professional office environment refers to settings such as corporate offices, law offices, government offices, property management offices, medical or dental offices, etc.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTSCover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians