CLK 09R - Accounting Clerk Position Classification
Clerk R9 Union
GEU Work Options
New Westminster, BC V3M 6H8 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$48,729.07 - $54,899.19 annually Close Date
2/26/2024 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Attorney General Ministry Branch / Division
Court Service Branch / New Westminster Law Courts Job Summary Bring your strong administrative experience and superior organizational skills to this position
The Court Services Branch is responsible for supporting timely and equitable access to the court system.
To provide accounting services relating to Courts Trust and Revenue, budget, accounts payable, accounts receivable, Witness Imprest Account, scheduling Interpreters and Witness and Interpreter payments. This position performs accounting, cashiering, data entry, administrative and counter service duties.Job Requirements:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum one (1) year of administrative/clerical office support experience.
- Experience handling financial transactions, accounting, or bookkeeping and using computerized cash system.
- Experience with keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheets, and other standard computer applications, including the MS Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience maintaining databases and tracking systems, including entering, updating, and retrieving data; ensuring data integrity; running reports; and producing financial documents.
- Typing speed of 40 wpm.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Three (3) or more years of administrative/clerical office support experience.
- One (1) year of related accounting experience.
- More than the stated years of required experience.
- Must pass enhanced security screening checks.
- Union membership is required.
- Must be willing to attend and complete relevant training programs.
- Must be willing to learn and use new computer programs/applications.
- May be required to travel, including travel in adverse weather conditions and work in other geographical areas.
- Must have reliable transportation and/or be willing to travel with others.
- May be required to work flexible hours, including varied shifts and over time on short notice.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Jennifer.Scheelar@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
This position has full time on-site requirements.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES -
You will need to complete a standard questionnaire (current employment status, eligibility to apply, etc.).
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians