Are you a Registered Nurse with experience working in hospice care, palliative care or palliative consulting services? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Nurse Clinician with a real dedication for delivering compassionate care to join our Palliative Care program in Surrey.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
We have a positive and caring work environments where you can bring your real passion for emergency nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth. As services expand and improve, we are implementing new leading practices, including "rapid access to care", at our sites.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Coordinating, screening and prioritizing hospice palliative client activities
- Acting as a clinical resource to other practitioners and team members by providing clinical guidance and/or nursing consultation
- Implementing, evaluating and recommending clinical education plans for nurses and other staff in the designated clinical area to ensure staff are up to date on current evidence-based practice, client care issues and research
- Providing nursing and clinical education/training through individual and/or group assessment of clinical skills, including the training of nursing staff to provide educational sessions
- Reviewing and evaluating care plans developed for clients and takes corrective action
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Three (3) years' recent related clinical nursing experience in the designated clinical area, including one (1) year experience in a supervisory/leadership role
- Completion of applicable Canadian Nursing Association (CNA) certificate in the designated clinical area
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes
This role is a casual position located in Surrey, BC. Surrey is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province, equal to the size of Vancouver, Richmond and Burnaby combined. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Also, despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.