Are you someone who is willing to participate in the provision of community education in matters related to older adults with age related mental health issues? Do you want to work for one of British Columbia's top employers? If you have answered yes to these questions we want you to continue reading!
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We currently have an exciting Casual
opportunity for a dynamic individual to join the Geriatric Community Mental Health & Substance Use Services
department as a Clinician
. This position is based out of Burnaby, BC.Build on your education and experience as you:
• Provide clinical services to elderly clients and their caregivers referred to the team by screening and assessing referrals, completing comprehensive psychosocial assessments, contributing advice and expertise to recommendations, consultations and treatment planning in conjunction with other team members.
• Provide treatment planning and interventions using a variety of psychosocial treatment modalities, crisis intervention and family counselling through home visits and outreach.
• Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team by coordinating work and cooperating with members of the team including attendance at team meetings and relevant conferences.
• Facilitate client and caregiver utilization of appropriate community services by keeping knowledgeable about other services and liaising with them.
• Interpret the role of geriatric teams to community groups and agencies.
• Provide consultation and education to referral agencies, care facilities and care givers towards improved care of the elderly with mental illness and represents the team on local committees and advisory boards as required.To join the organization we require you to have:
• Master's degree in Social Work or Clinical Counselling
• One (1) year's recent, related experience with Geriatric psychiatry clients in a recognized psychiatric and/or community mental health setting
• Valid Class V BC Driver's Licence and possession of a personal vehicleIf this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
• A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
• Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
• An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation!
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it's like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.