Clinical Trials Nurse Coordinator BC Cancer, Kelowna, $43.09 to $52.82 per hour
You're on a professional mission to reduce the burden of cancer in your community, and with great hope, across the globe. A person-centred nursing professional, you remain steadfast in your efforts to support all individuals who are undergoing cancer care, along with their families and friends. Working with a team of health care colleagues who share your values of compassionate care and excellence through innovation makes all the difference in your work days, as you share the highs and lows with support, kindness, and excellence in care. What you'll do
What you bring
- Perform nursing procedures required by the applicable study such as breast exams, venipuncture, subcutaneous injections and measurement of lesions. Provide teaching and counseling for patients and their families regarding protocols, symptom management, disease preventative measures, and general health management.
- Teach patients and/or families self-care activities designated in the protocol, such as medication self-injection, side-effect management, and breast self-examination.
- Provide the communication link between patient, family and the patient care team and Make referrals to other allied health professionals as appropriate.
- Advises/teaches nursing staff in clinic and treatment areas on a variety of issues including specialized theory and practice related to clinical trials.
- Coordinate the treatment programs of clinical trial patients, in collaboration with other members of the Clinical Trials Team, by preparing sample preprinted orders that reflect the patient care process and clinical trial requirements.
Need more information? Contact Gurdeep Gill, Talent Acquisition Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years of recent related clinical nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Certifications such as Oncology Nurse Certification and Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) Clinical Research Associate/Coordinator Certification preferred.
Watch this video to learn about being a nurse at BC Cancer What's in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary, Full-Time (until May 31, 2022) $43.09 to $52.82 per hour 399 Royal Avenue, Kelowna, BC
- Comprehensive BC Cancer nursing orientation program.
- Find work-life balance with Monday-Friday, daytime shifts (with occasional Saturdays).
- Help us maintain the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
- Use state-of-the-art technology and the latest, evidence-based treatments.
- Be a respected member of Canada's collaborative leading oncology clinical teams.
- Grow your career through continuing education, ongoing professional development, and certification programs.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Monday to Friday; 0900-1700 Req# 107188 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired
, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.