Clinical Trials Monitor and Recruiter - BC Cancer
Reporting to the Business Unit MD Leader and the Clinical Trials Unit Manager, the Clinical Trials Monitor and Recruiter provides consultation and advice in support of quality, safety, and performance improvement for all clinical trials evaluation where no external monitor is in place and ensures compliance with all applicable regulations. The Monitor liaises with clinical trial sponsors and investigators and monitors and analyses study data. Monitors and enhances accrual to the trials and ensures effective communication with MD Leaders and the Unit Manager. In this role, you will:
- Provide quality management expertise and guidance in ensuring quality management principles, concepts, tools and methods are enforced for Clinical Trials.
- Conduct study initiation visits with each clinical study centre, prior to the commencement of study enrollment to discuss overview of the study protocol, study drug management administration, patient registration procedures, case report form (CRF) completion, serious adverse event (SAE) monitoring and any other issues related to the study.
- Conduct onsite and offsite monitoring activities to ensure that clinical trials comply with the requirements of the protocol and other regulatory requirements. Review investigator files for completeness and accuracy. Confirm and review completed CFR and de-identified source documents. Document all findings in report format with identification of issues requiring follow up to the Leader.
- Design, develop and maintain the study database based on requirements of the study protocol, investigator and statistician. Ensure the security of database and authorizes access to the study database for other users.
- Ensure study data is entered into the study database on an ongoing basis and that queries are addressed to trial personnel for incomplete CRF entries or necessary clarification.
You have a:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related health science.
- A minimum of three years of recent related experience including experience monitoring or administering complex clinical trials and monitoring, reviewing and verifying the work performed by others or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
If this sounds like you, apply now! About Us BC Cancer
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical trials practices and protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to critically review the work performed by others,
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload,
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, motivator and facilitator,
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation, demonstrated ability to operate related equipment,
- Demonstrated ability to work with all related software
is committed to providing a comprehensive, provincially-planned, and regionally-delivered cancer control system for the residents of British Columbia. Its mandate covers the full spectrum of cancer care from prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment, to research and education, to supportive and palliative care. BC Cancer provides care closer to home by operating six regional cancer centres in Abbotsford, Kelowna, Prince George, Surrey, Vancouver, and Victoria. Research centres in Vancouver and Victoria ensure that BC Cancer can quickly translate new discoveries into clinical applications leading to better outcomes and care.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
- Regular, Full-Time
- Monday to Friday, 0800-1600 / 0830-1630 / 0900-1700
- 600 W 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6