Clinical Trials Coordinator BC Centre for Disease Control, LM Labs, Vancouver BC
The Clinical Trials Coordinator, BCCDC will have ongoing communications with the Clinical Trials Team, including clinical trials unit staff, medical and clinical virologists and consultants, as well as research collaborators and staff at the BC Cancer Agency, and with various levels of management. The Clinical Trials Coordinator will provide the Clinical Trials Team with regular updates on trial progress generally, and specifically with any issues arising during the execution of the trials that may affect their respective areas of responsibility. The Clinical Trials Coordinator, BCCDC will have regular communications with and function as the key BCCDC contact for each of the clinical trial sites. What you'll do
What you bring
- Coordinate the development of study documents, tools and processes in collaboration with various levels of management within PHSA Laboratories.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate assigned staff. Provide instruction on content and processes, guidance and technical advice, assign work and track to ensure accuracy and completeness and to ensure study standards are maintained and standard operating procedures are adhered to. Monitor workload and adjusts schedules to ensure staff levels meet operational requirements. Identify performance shortfalls and implements remedial action as required. Identify disciplinary issues as they arise and ensures issues are resolved.
- Provide input for budget preparation, monitor expenditures and report issues to management on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Trials Team and study staff to ensure the data collection tools are comprehensive and reliable. Monitor accuracy and completeness of information collected by conducting regular review and audit of laboratory data.
- Establish and maintain a system of effective communication with study sites to ensure that all relevant concerns are recognized and resolved.
- Assist the PHSA Laboratories with implementing protocols and processes for the collection, transport, storage and analysis of biological specimens as required by the study protocols, including procedures so that deficiencies can be identified and resolved through a variety of methods including contacting physicians, laboratories and/or other facilities as appropriate to the individual case.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology.
- Two (2) years of recent related experience as a technologist in Microbiology including experience in research and development of diagnostic procedures and experience with conventional viral serology testing and nucleic acid based procedures.
You will have:
What's in it for you
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills including ability to provide leadership to, and supervision of, clinical trials staff.
- Ability to undertake challenging assignments and work with a diverse group of persons, policies and procedures.
- Initiative and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
- Ability to accept responsibility and work independently while at the same time functioning as a strong team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software products including laboratory information systems, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary, Full-Time (until March 22, 2024)
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
655 West 12th Ave, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 104815 What we do
Lower Mainland Laboratories (LML) lmlabs.phsa.ca provides laboratory testing at 31 sites across the lower mainland and central coast of B.C., including acute care hospital laboratories and and specialty laboratories.
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of March 9, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.