Clinical Pharmacist BC Cancer, Prince George BC, $45.00 to $56.29 per hour What you'll do
What you bring
- Provide individualization of drug therapy to patients through methods such as receiving patient charts, assessing clinical response through patient contact and collaboration with other health care providers and creating an individualized therapeutic plan.
- Interact with patients and the health care team to ensure appropriate medication therapy and to develop therapeutic plans through methods such as developing discharge plans for inpatients and medication calendars for outpatients, assisting, as part of the care team, with the formulation of a therapeutic plan for the use of supportive care medications and assessing patient comprehension of that plan, answering patient's questions and assisting with formulation of a therapeutic plan for the use of alternative and complementary treatments, and monitoring of patient compliance with therapeutic plans.
- Prepare and dispense medications and other pharmaceutical supplies to ensure appropriate medication therapy and to ensure practices and standards are in accordance with relevant federal and provincial legislation.
- Provide verbal and written drug information to physicians, nurses and other health care professionals within the Agency, to the lay public, pharmacists and other health care professionals external to the Agency and to patients through individualized counselling.
- Assist, as part of the care team, with the provision and/or financial support of non-BCCA benefit medications required to optimize the therapeutic plan through methods such as providing information and interacting with patients, health care providers and representatives from outside agencies regarding options such as compassionate release programs or obtaining financial support through emergency aid.
You will have the ability to
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy with current registration as a Licensed Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program.
- One (1) year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge and competency in aseptic techniques, use of biological safety cabinets, procedures for safe handling of cytotoxic drugs, strategies for drug information provision and critical review of medical/paramedical literature, and strategies for individualizing drug therapy in patients.
What's in it for you
- Organize work and work independently.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physically perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Regular, Part-Time (0.50 FTE) Wage: $45.00 to $56.29 per hour
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Wednesday's & Friday's - Alternating Thursday's; 0 0730-1530, 0800-1600, 0830-1630, as operations required
Requisition Number: 105034 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of March 18, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.