Registered Nurse (RN) /Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) Clinical Mentor
Surrey Pretrial Services Centre
14323 57 Ave, Surrey, BC V3X 1B1 Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021. What you'll do
What you bring
- Collaborate with interprofessional team leaders to establish priorities for nurse and team learning. Priorities are based on assessments of individual and team learning needs through discussion with team members and in consultation with clinical educators and professional practice leads by observing activities; determining required resources and learning opportunities; and analyzing information such as competency assessment, practice changes and quality Improvement initiatives to determine and deliver effective learning and mentoring support.
- Facilitate staff learning and development by role modeling best practice nursing skills and related competencies. Promotes skill development and clinical decision making, answering questions related to client care and assisting with problem-solving. Observes staff as they are performing client care, intervening as necessary to demonstrate appropriate provision of care.
- Provide feedback to ensure care is provided according to program standards, standards of practice and clinical practice guidelines.
- Provide clinical guidance, support and on the job learning experiences for nurses in the application of nursing processes and practice standards; observes and evaluates clinical practice to identify training and development opportunities.
- Collaborate with and support clinical education by contributing to the determination of skill development priorities for staff. Support preceptors/preceptees and mentors/mentees using teaching and learning principles as required.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and experience, and provides continuous mentoring and coaching to facilitate performance improvement. Provide feedback and assists nursing staff with critical thinking when clients/patients experience variances to clinical guidelines/pathways. Discuss clients/patients problems and needs; plan and prioritize nursing interventions, implements and evaluate interventions.
What we bring
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years of psychiatric nursing experience in acute or community care/services to clients who have concurrent psychiatric and/or substance abuse/misuse disorders, including experience mentoring nursing staff as well as leadership training or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to personal vehicle may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide care that is culturally safe, trauma-informed, recovery oriented, recovery oriented and person-centered.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical mentorship and clinical practice support.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job Type: Temporary Full Time
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $43.09 to $52.82
Location: 14323 57 Ave, Surrey, BC V3X 1B1
Hours of Work: 0800-2000 Rotating
Requisition # 114528 What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of January 12, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.