Clinical Informatics Specialist Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) What you'll do
What you bring
- Lead and support the strategy, development and implementation of clinical workflow design and change management initiatives to support clinical and business practice in the adoption and implementation of IT initiatives in alignment with the site strategic road map for clinical informatics solutions at BCMHSUS.
- Act as a change agent/escalation point for clinical issues and constraints in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies in support of quality patient care and professional practice.
- Lead and support teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization across all BCMHSUS facilities. Incorporate clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Develop clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for purposes of performance measurement and analysis ensuring a correct course of action.
- Oversee and manage the prioritizing of functional change requests, reporting and monitoring of issues, and implementation of communication strategies.
- Lead functional user acceptance testing and responsible for business sign-off.
- Participate in lean process improvement initiatives such as imPROVE and ensure all process changes are aligned to the lean methodology endorsed by the site.
- Develop policies and procedures in support of clinical applications ensuring best practice models for service delivery.
What's in it for you
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Nursing Degree or related field.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an information systems environment, including a minimum of two (2) years recent experience in an application leadership role.
- Proven hands-on specialized experience with business applications such as Cerner millennium solutions.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Due to the nature of this role, travel to other provincial sites in addition to extended hours schedule during go live periods with rotating day\night shifts will be required. Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of the each activation site closer to the go live period. Two (2) Regular, Full-Time Opportunities
4949 Heather Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800-1600 & 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 107926 & 107929 What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 11, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.