Clinical Dietitian BC Cancer Prince George, $31.84 to $39.72 per hour What you'll do
What you bring
- Using the Nutrition Care Process framework, carry out comprehensive nutrition assessments, identify appropriate nutrition diagnoses, develop and implement patient-centered nutrition intervention and monitor and evaluate nutrition care plans.
- Utilize and incorporate clinical tools, such as screening and assessment tools, according to program standards.
- Implement and review therapeutic diet orders. Design, compound, dispense and monitor therapeutic diets where nutrition is administered through enteral or parenteral means. Instruct patients on how to administer enteral feeds. Provide guidance to Diet Technicians as required.
- Document care plans and reassessments in patient's medical record to meet program standards.
What's in it for you
- Bachelor of Science in Foods and Nutrition, or equivalent, from an approved University and an accredited dietetic internship.
- One (1) year of experience in clinical dietetics, with oncology experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to BC Cancer.
- Registrant in the College of Dietitians of BC.
- Preferably Restricted Activities A, C
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary, Part-Time (0.50 FTE from April 2020 to April 2021)
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $31.84 to $39.72 per hour
1215 Lethbridge St, Prince George, BC Monday, Tuesdays, and alternating Wednesdays Requisition Number: 91985 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired
, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals Requisition # 91985-2338174 Work Site 1215 Lethbridge St, Prince George, BC V2M 7E9 Job Type Temporary, Part-Time Temporary Duration 12 Months FTE 0.50 Hours of Work Daytime Hours Work Days Monday, Tuesdays, and alternating Wednesdays Expiry Date 01-May-2020