Are you someone who enjoys promoting self-determination and independence? Do you want to work for one of British Columbia's top employers? Do you empower individuals to engage and connect within their communities? If you have answered yes to these questions we want you to continue reading!
We currently have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Clinical Counsellor
at our new Axis Primary Care Clinic in Surrey.
This new clinic is the first of its kind in the Fraser Health Region! You will get to be a part of a team based approach as you work along side Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Social Workers and Mental Health Clinicians. You can find additional details on this new clinic here .
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.Build on your career experience as you:
• Provide short term brief intervention and support to clients affected by mental illness and/or substance use, including people in crisis, utilizing crisis intervention and short-term cognitive behavioural therapy based on treatment goals.
• Screens referrals from the interdisciplinary team by capturing background information, determining service priorities and providing rapid response to urgent referrals, providing outreach, crisis intervention, and short-term treatment stabilization, and referral.
• Deliver psycho education sessions to clients and their families by using various group processes and theory.
• Communicate and consults with psychiatrists and interdisciplinary shared care team regarding client care and progress.
• Assist in the evaluation of the program and in tracking the quality improvement activities, standards of practice, policies and procedures.To join the organization we require you to have:
• Master's in Counselling Psychology or Social Work
• Two (2) years of recent related experience in community and/or hospital settings providing programs for individuals with mental health and substance use disorders
• Eligible for registration with relevant professional associationIf this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
• A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
• Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
• An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
Take the next step and apply, so we can continue the conversation!
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it's like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.