This Job is suitable for a Registered Nurse, with at least three years of experience working in a Long-Term Care setting, with strong supervisory and managerial skills
· Registered Nurse in good standing with BCCNM
· Experience working with seniors and unregulated care providers in Long Term Care an asset
· Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation and long term care an asset
· Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care, coordination, time management and resident focus skills
· Must demonstrate sound clinical knowledge and ability to work with and provide support to nurses and unregulated care providers.
· Supervisory and management skills an asset. Candidates with no previous management experience but desire and have ability to learn will be considered
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required
· Provide assistance and support to the clinical team to ensure safe and quality care provision to all residents. Motivate staff and promote and maintain a high standard of service.
· Assume clinical lead position for Infection prevention and Control.
· Assume leadership and supervisory role and work with the nursing team
· Monitor resident care plans, changing needs and proactively engage care providers, residents, their families, external organization and internal contracting agencies, as appropriate.
· Resolve day to day operational issues, including early identification of emerging issues and monitoring of continuing issues, with escalation to supervisor(s) or manager as appropriated.
· Respond in a timely manner to concerns from residents, their families and staff
· Lead and facilitate weekly resident's conference and ensure follow up orders are completed.
· Collaborate with Director of Care to ensure operational standards and quality objectives are achieved and new administrative procedures are implemented.
· Initiate, or initiate and complete, internal and external reports as directed by the Director of Care.
· Monitor and ensure accurate census for the facility daily.
· Respond to and manage significant changes in residents' conditions and attend to medical emergencies.
· Assist the Director of Care with the coordination, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement initiatives across the organization.
· Monitor care in accordance with the established standards, as per best practice guidelines.
· Develop and review policies and procedures.
#39 - Brain Station - Take Risks, Learn More & Stress Less