Clinical Analyst Surveillance and Informatics, BC Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver What you'll do
What you bring
- Review, analyze and define current/future state processes, ensure that application design decisions are made and clinical functionality is incorporated into application builds to ensure the end product supports the clinical end-users in delivering patient-centric care.
- Lead business process redesign to support the effective use of the clinical application(s) by performing current state analysis, engaging with clinicians to obtain feedback and facilitating process redesign validation workshops.
- Work with clinicians at the point of care to monitor and assess the effectiveness of existing assessment/documentation methodologies, and use of Public Health Information System in order to develop clinical tools that are suitable for deployment and ensure that practices utilize the tools compatible with professional standards of practice.
- Design, test and implement application(s) functionality to meet clinical, organizational and business processes defined for the Public Health Information System. Complete audits and further follow up to ensure user compliance and appropriate use of the system.
- Identify emerging and changing needs of clinical users by participation in Data Standards and User Groups as well as conducting regular meetings to review and prioritize functionality requests and ensure they are incorporated into the Application Roadmap (future requirements).
What's in it for you
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor Degree in Nursing or related health field.
- A minimum of three (3) years recent related clinical experience in health care setting inclusive of experience in a project role, ideally supplemented by courses in computer technology, clinical informatics.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1380 Burrard Street
Until position is filled
Requisition Number: 89870 What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Labor Agreement Excluded Requisition # 89870-2334213 Work Site 1380 Burrard Street Job Type Regular, Full-Time FTE 1.00 Hours of Work 0830-1630 Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Expiry Date 18-Dec-2019