Clinic Office Manager -3653-CA
A downtown Vancouver Healthcare clinic is looking for an Office Manager that works collaboratively with all staff and clinicians to maximize care giving in an efficient and cost-efficient manner.
They are looking for an experience professional to plan and oversee administrative support values of and provides optimal patient care in an enjoyable workplace setting.
Where is it based?
It is based on West Broadway, Vancouver and easily accessible via transit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mange daily administrative operations of clinic including resolving problems related to the day to day operations
- Work with staff and clinicians to establish work priorities on both short and long-term basis;
- Create detailed task descriptions and over-see the implementation of duties assigned, adjusting as required to maintain efficient and effective workflow
- Develop and maintain policy and procedure manual in collaboration with Medical Directors and oversee implementation
- Create and ensure open office communication
- Coordinate monthly staff meeting
- Track the staff schedule for vacation and leave
- Provide orientation and training of new employees
- Track and schedule Physicians and Locums – mitigate any gaps in provision of service. Directors are to be notified if significant gaps are identified and not easily amended
- Provide orientation and preparation for all Locums (MSP, EMR, FOB, keys, etc.)
- Ability to problem solve with all clinic members in response to urgent and unexpected changes and disruptions including complaints and errors
- Provide guidance in technical areas (EMR, phones, computer hardware, software and networks, etc.)
- Manage renewal of business and professional insurance policies
- Negotiate pricing for office products and equipment and maintain contracts and warranties
- Maintain inventory, order and monitor office supplies
- Manager support staff including hiring, terminations, and performance evaluations (all hiring and terminations are to be reviewing by Clinic Directors prior to final approval)
- Payroll, track all hours and vacation and submit all invoices for payment in a timely manner as coordinated by Bookkeeper
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as required
- Must have experience as a MOA and 5-7 years’ experience running a busy clinic
- Must understand best practices for office procedures including telephone communications, office systems and electronic record keeping
- Experience and understanding of medical terminology and clinic procedures
- Experience with Labour Laws and HR best practices to support employees in optimizing performance
- Experience with privacy regulations and ensure all procedures and policies are in-keeping
- Experience with various healthcare resources from various partners, such as Health Authorities, Doctors of BC, and MoH
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives.
- Ability to efficiently and accurate data reports to Medical Directors for QI purpose and clinic operation planning (MS Excel, Word, EMR Statistics, other)
- Must exercise confidentiality, tact, discretion and accuracy while maintaining the integrity of all
- Willing to work irregular hours in a busy and sometimes stressful environment while attending to competing interests of the patients, staff and clinicians
- Must always consider the patient experience and their healthcare at the center of all activities
Timeline for this role
The client is looking to interview perspective candidates asap with an asap start for the successful candidate once all due-diligence has been completed.
What’s in it for you?
This is a full time permanent opportunity, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to work in an organization that is giving back in Vancouver with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ https://expertrecruiters.secure.force.com/ExpertRecruiters with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Candace Amirault, Sr Talent Executive or Darcia Bower, Managing Director, quoting reference #3653-CA, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years’ experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you’ll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.