When you’re passionate about what you do and where you work, the rest comes easy. That’s the culture at Central 1 Credit Union, and that’s precisely what we’re looking for from you. Supporting nearly 150 member credit unions across British Columbia and Ontario, we’re the backbone of the credit union system in both provinces – taking care of everything from online services and product development, to payment processing, trade association services and more.
Our team of over 600 employees represent some of the most innovative, passionate individuals you’ll ever meet; people who honestly care about the organization, its members and each other. In other words, people who love what they do.
The Client Service Representative 2 performs a variety of diverse clerical duties involving the processing, reconciliation, balancing, settlement, tracing and investigation of items and processes of some complexity, working in accordance with policies, procedures, rules and confidentiality/security requirements. Certain positions provide customer service to credit unions, other centrals and external clients by responding to queries and assisting with problem resolution.
You'll be primarily responsible for:
- Undertaking various duties relating to the processing of returned items, electronic bill payments, bill payment remittances, bonds, coupons, ATM/POS, automated funds transfers, cash ordering and other such items;
- Verifying receipt of data input files from credit unions, coordinates the work inflow process, and processes and updates files utilizing mail extraction equipment, image transports and specialized computer software;
- Conducting on-line validation of information, balancing and reconciling transactions, preparing financial adjustments as required and processing for settlement in accordance with applicable CPA and Network Rules (Interac, Exchange Acculink) and within specified timeframes to avoid loss of recourse and financial liability;
- Reviewing documents, variance reports and other information, analyzing unusual situations, tracing items, and investigating and resolving problems;
- Processing settlements for regional and national nodes;
- Preparing documentation and posting financial entries to Central 1s automated suspense,
general ledger and central banking system;
- Sorting and packaging items for dispatch to credit unions, statement processors and off-site storage;
- Responding in a timely and courteous manner to verbal and written requests from credit unions, financial institutions, corporate clients, vendors and Central 1 employees for information and assistance in resolving discrepancies, adjustments, traces and other problems;
- Acting as intermediary where required between credit unions, other centrals, external clients and other financial institutions for processing and settlement of various items;
- Maintaining databases, logs, records and statistics, and preparing summary reports for information, billing and other purposes;
- Assisting with testing of software upgrades and improvements to processing;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of CPA rules, Network Rules for ATM/POS and Central 1 processes and standards applicable to the work;
- Performing other duties as required.
our qualifications include:
- Grade 12 plus a post-secondary course in accounting and in personal computer applications, and 4 years related experience, preferably in retail banking and/or at a secure data centre, including experience in a production environment;
- Good knowledge of automated financial systems clearing and settlement processes and
CPA rules related to the work;
- Good knowledge of computers including word processing, spreadsheet and database
- Ability to data, interpret reports and use sound judgment in troubleshooting and resolving problems;
- Well developed analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, good customer relations skills and excellent command of the English language;
- Excellent data entry skills with a high degree of accuracy and speed. Ability to multi-task, effectively deal with conflicting priorities, work to strict deadlines and function effectively in a team environment;
- Desire to learn and understand new processes.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Reporting to: Manager, Electronic Payment Operations
Date Posted: October 12, 2016
Internal Applicants must apply by: October 19, 2016
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
**If you have issues or questions about the application process, please email humanresources @central1.com with description of your problem**